Home > International Student Life > Before Leaving Your Country
International Student Life

Before Leaving Your Country

In order to study in Renmin University of China, you will need to obtain the following items before leaving your home country.


Airline ticket

Money (equivalent of approximately US$1,500)


Approximately 10 ID photos (4.5 cm H x 3.5 cm W)

Life Insurance against Traffic Accidents (optional)


Passport applications generally take a long time to be processed, so be sure to apply as early as possible.

Airline Ticket

Reserve an airline ticket well in advance of your departure. Before selecting a travel date, carefully check the procedures that must be completed to study at the Renmin University of China.


You will need to have cash on hand when you arrive in China in order to cover various initial expenses, such as travel from the airport to the university or your housing. Those planning to move into a private apartment or similar housing will also need to have funds available to cover the deposit, key money, rent, and other housing costs.


In order to apply for a visa, international students need to acquire a Certificate of Eligibility.

ID Photos

You will need to submit photos of yourself when carrying out certain procedures, such as alien registration and university enrollment.

Life Insurance against Traffic Accidents (optional)

It is advisable to have life insurance against traffic accidents or traveler,s insurance in case something happens to you or your baggage on the way to China.

Other Preparations

Contact the faculty/graduate school where you will study, and your supervisor.

Be sure to check the scope and plan of your studies, housing arrangements, necessary preparations, and other details. If possible, you might get in touch with people from your country who have studied in RUC and ask for their advice on studying and living in RUC.

© 2014 Renmin Law School | 59 Zhongguancun Avenue, Haidian District, Beijing, 100872 CHINA 86-10-82500352
Contact us : ; Support :